Arab Chess Federation Supports Kirsan for the Presidency
Mr. Ibrahim Al Bannai, the President of the Arab Chess Federation informed the media that the Arab Chess Federation, which includes 18 Arab countries, announced that 16 countries, re-nominate the current President of FIDE, H.E. Kirsan Ilyumzhinov.
“We, in the Arab Chess Federation support Kirsan for re-election for many reasons, based on our experience and our confidence with him as a person. He has achieved many of the features for chess in a developing country that represent the broad base of chess enthusiasts in the world, especially in the developing countries and our Arab region.” reflected Mr. Al Bannai.
Mr. Al Bannai continued,
“1) Kirsan has given his support for the Arab Chess Federations in many occasions, as he did with many of the Chess countries around the world.
2) Many highly qualified Arabs hold high positions within the FIDE presidential board and Executive board, and FIDE committees for examples Mr. Khalifa Al Hitmi (Qatar), Mr. Nizar Elhaj (Libya), H.E Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan (UAE) and Lakhder Mazouz (Algeria). In addition, I am member of the Executive Board and there a large number of contributing Arab members in various FIDE commissions and committees.
3) President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov who nominated himself for another term, has provided great services to chess players in the world through the support of many events, as well as many other players in many countries, and helped to solve many problems of many federations in appropriate ways and even gave them his personal support as well.
4) The President has an excellent and outstanding and ambitious program, with ambitious goals that his team is certainly capable of implementing, and similar to the aspirations and the vision of Arab Chess Federation and the members from Arab countries.
5) President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov supports many of the proposals that serve the Chess world.
6) President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov is supportive of broadening the base and is keen on developing the interests of chess players, young and old.”
Mr. Al Bannai finished by stating that he believes that Kirsan and his team are able to offer more in the coming period and they would be partners in the new achievements.
Mohamed El Husseiny
Dubai Chess & Culture Club
Tel : 00971 4 2966664
Fax: 00971 4 2968880
Mobil: 050 4538844